– Went for a run around the lagoons at Century Park in Vernon Hills
+ Hot, muggy
+ 5.02 miles, 49:25 mins, 9:50 pace
– Ate leftover pizza
– Dad drove me to the airport, said goodbye
– Ate a bacon and queso mollete from Tortas Frontera in Terminal 3
– Flew to New York!
+ We came in right over Manhattan, all lit up at night
– Cabbed from LaGuardia to Rachel’s place in Greenpoint, Brooklyn
+ She lives in the historic Astral Apartments, a block-long Queen Anne building architected by Charles Pratt. More on that here.
– Went for a little walk through the neighborhood
+ Wandered out to Transmitter Park, which has a pier with unobstructed views of Manhattan. I only took Snapchats there, sorry.
+ Continued tour of Greenpoint, Rach pointing out favorite spots. Lots of bars, boutiques, Polish restaurants along Franklin, the main drag. We got a drink at Northern Territory. I got a meat pie.
– Headed back to her place. It’s hot as fuck here, so sleep came in fits and starts. Hoping to figure that out better tonight.